Ice Hockey Goalie Under Garments

Equipment Page Hockey Page Ray's Home Page E-Mail Me

Lower Body

The best method for protecting your lower body is by wearing what is referred to as a "jock short". This garment has a built in protective cup as well as Velcro fasteners to hold your socks up.

The better jock-shorts have extra padding around the hips, the small of the back, and the buttocks. I recommend the Shock Doctor "Shock Skin" line of under garments. They have a built-in cup, Velcro fasteners, and a superb amount of padding. The best of these is the Shock Skin 580. See it here.

Goalie Cup

Playing goal requires amuch more substatial cup than playing out. I bought the Brian's Goal Cup ($54.95). It has served me well and I've taken numeous pucks to the area with no ill effects. This cup is designed for serious use utilizing two cups, one in front of the other to provide additional impact absorbtion and force dispersal. I put the orange (8oz practice) puck in the shot to provide a frame of reference with respect to the size of this thing. It's very comfortable to wear.

Upper Body

Lots of manufacturers make upper body under garments. For protection as well as moisture wicking, the best choice is the Shock Skin 530 long sleeve shirt. See it here. This garment offers protection for the places your chest protector does not.

T O P Equipment Page Hockey Page Ray's Home Page E-Mail Me

Creation Date: Monday, April 19, 2010
Last Modified: Thursday, December 13, 2012
Copyright Ray Smith, 2010

Number of visitors:

web analytics